Sex positions are a thing, but have you heard of sleeping positions? This is the position that a couple will take while sleeping. It is subject to change throughout the night, but have you ever wondered what it means when your partner turns away from you while sleeping? After all, a person can show true intentions when asleep and with their guard down. Here is a list of sleeping positions and what they mean for your relationship.
Cherish – back to back but touching
- This position shows that you are both comfortable and relaxed in the relationship.
The Spoon – arguably the best utensil
- One partner will take a protective stance over the other (can be interchanged)
The Liberty Lovers – back to back and not touching
- This is the most common sleeping position. It shows trust, closeness, and independence.
The Tangle – true to its word, just a complete front-facing tangle
- This position is more commonly seen in new relationships, as it showcases intense emotion. However, it also shows a higher level of dependency.
The Nuzzle – one person’s head is on the other’s chest
- This position shows one partner nurturing and protecting the other.
The Leg Hug – entangled legs
- This position depicts that your lives are completely intertwined. It also stands for a need for emotional or sexual connection.
The Space Hog – when one partner starfishes across the whole bed
- This person tends to be selfish and dominant to a fault, so perhaps a conversation is in the works. It cannot be comfortable to sleep compressed on the edge of the bed.